2009年5月4日 星期一

steam up

steam up ----to cover something with steam, or to become covered with steam
My glasses are all steamed up.
A pan was boiling on the stove, steaming up the windows.

floor---to surprise or shock someone so much that they do not know what to say or do
A couple of the questions completely floored me.

floor--- AmE informal to make a car go as fast as possible
I got into the car and floored it .

When she said money, I thought $10, $15, but the amount of money just kind of floored me, and initially I said, 'Wow!'" said Luis Armendariz, who couldn't help but worry that it might have been a set up.

weld--to join metals by melting their edges and pressing them together when they are hot
The Eagle hatchback was cut in half and then welded around the bottom of the flag pole at Fruita Monument High School in Fruita, Colo.

entail--to involve something as a necessary part or result
This one entailed a lot of planning and execution. It shows a lot of Wildcat pride.

沒有留言: