2009年6月30日 星期二

get under one's skin,

grog·gy /ˈgrɔgi US ˈgrɑːgi/ adj
weak and unable to move well or think clearly because you are ill or very tired

there goes the other shoe.
該發生的,還是發生了。

If it was a snake it woulda bit you.
Rur. It was very close to you.

Bill: I can't find my other shoe. I've looked all over the house. Mary: It's right behind you. If it was a snake it would have bit you.

get under one's skin, Slang.
a.
to irritate; bother: His laugh really gets under my skin.
b.
to affect deeply; impress; penetrate: That sort of music always gets under my skin.

wait for the other shoe to dropFig. to wait for the inevitable next step or the final conclusion.

wait for the other shoe to drop (American) to wait for something bad to happen

If your hands are tied, you are unable to act for some reason.
someone's hands are tiedFig. someone is not able to help or intervene.

沒有留言: