2009年6月29日 星期一

兒子筆記 jisaw jones 02

set up shop
Abraham Lincoln
all ears
a box of Kleenex

suspect
mirror writing
lickety-split---very quickly
popsicle
that was fine by me.
that was fine with me.
butterscotch
a joyful racket---noise
treat you to ice cream
bug your sister
spy on my brothers
change the words to songs
there was no way around it.
the idea didn't have me doing cartwheels.
the snaps were wrong on his coat
tattler
nose to nose
I didn't back down.
grab bag---a container filled with small presents that you put your hand in to pick one out; lucky dip

off-the -wall--unusual
a Tae Kwon Do demonstration
pull over
curb
cruise
numismatist-- a coin collector
now we're talkingThis phrase is generally used to indicate an improvement in a situation. It means that things have gotten better or more interesting. One does not need to be talking about the subject before using this phrase.

go over the facts
throw up
I think that's what gave us up away.
bonus
I had a hole in my sock.
feel rotten
call me a grouch---someone who is always complaining


mope---to feel sorry for yourself, without making any effort to do anything or be more happy
do something to turn yourself around today.

we have to measure.
connect the dots
Indy 500
you name it.

You could have knocked him down with a feather.
He was extremely surprised.

pinkie

I really hammed it up.
ham it up informal
to perform with too much false emotion when acting

in a flash
lug

沒有留言: